Monday, January 10, 2005
Habits of Malaysian Drivers!
1. One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: IPOH driver.
2. One hand on wheel, one hand out the window with cigarette: KEPONG driver.
3. One hand on wheel, one finger out window, cutting across all lanes of traffic: Downtown KUALA LUMPUR driver.
4. One hand on wheel, one hand on parang, foot solidly on accelerator: JOHOR driver.
5. One hand on wheel, one hand on non-fat double decaf cappuccino, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator, hands-free on the lap: BANGSAR driver.
6. Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror: FOREIGNER driving in MALAYSIA.
7. One hand on 12 oz. double shot latte, one knee on wheel, talking on cell phone, foot on brake, mind on radio game, banging head on steering wheel while stuck in traffic: SUBANG JAYA driver...on the Federal Highway!!!
8. One hand on wheel, one hand on passengers head rest, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both feet on brake, throwing rambutans or durian shells out the window: KUANTAN driver...on Karak Highway!!!
9. Four-wheel drive pick-up truck, 'ready-to-kill' attitude, rear window stickers read "Make my day", beer cans on floor, wedding ribbon still attached to antenna: PUCHONG driver...at Construction Site!
10. One hand on the handphone, another hand picking nose, One leg on the dash board, another leg crossed on the seat with a beer can in the middle ~ turning anywhere he likes, parking anywhere he likes, in fact, driving
anywhere he likes. Aaahhh.....this is a heaven for drivers...welcome to PENANG!
11. Two hands gripping tightly to the wheel, eyes glued on the windscreen, alternately stepping on the accelerator and brakes every 5 seconds.....WOMAN Driver!