Thursday, December 16, 2004
Tips for Happiness
Dresdner's Tips for Happiness
German bank gives tips on how to be happy
Forget about money, just sleep well and have sex
'HOW to be happy' is an unusual subject for investment advice, but a bank analyst's note on the topic caught London's attention on Friday.
The suggestions for improving happiness was sent to clients by Mr James Montier, a global equity strategist at German investment bank Dresdner Kleinwort.
The tips included devoting time and effort to close relationships, meditating on the good things in life, getting enough sleep and, yes, 'have sex (preferably with someone you love)'.
The unusual advice was sent out in a strategy memo normally dealing with topics such as valuation and US markets - or how to make more money, according to London news reports.
The memo, instead, explores what it means to be happy, with 'Don't equate money with happiness' as the top tip.
Dresdner's 10 tips for happiness
1. Don't equate happiness with money.
2. Exercise regularly.
3. Have sex.
4. Devote time and effort to close relationships.
5. Pause for reflection, meditate on the good things in life.
6. Seek work that engages your skills, look to enjoy your job.
7. Give your body the sleep it needs.
8. Don't pursue happiness for its own sake, enjoy the moment.
9. Take control of your life, set achievable goals.
10.Remember to follow rules 1-9.