Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice,
because the flow has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of life.....
For Those Over 55 Years Old
For those who are already 55, start practising it.
For those almost 55, get ready.
For those where 55 is a long way off, help your parents do it.
For those Over 55 Years Old
1. Focus on enjoying people, not on indulging in or accumulating material things.
2. Plan to spend whatever you have saved.
You deserve to enjoy it and the healthy years you have left.
Travel if you can afford it.
Don't leave anything for your children or loved ones to quarrel about.
By leaving too much, you may even cause more trouble when you are gone.
3. Live in the here and now, not in the yesterdays and tomorrows.
It is only today that you can handle. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may not even happen.
4. Enjoy your grandchildren (if blessed with any)
but don't be their full time baby sitter.
You have no moral obligation to take care of them.
Don't have any guilt about refusing to babysit anyone's kids,
including your own grand-kids.
Your parental obligation is to your children.
After you have raised them into responsible adults,
your duties of child-rearing and babysitting are finished.
Let your children raise their own off-springs.
5. Accept physical weakness, sickness and other physical pains.
It is a part of the ageing process. Enjoy whatever your health can allow.
6. Enjoy what you are and what you have right now.
Stop working hard for what you do not have.
If you don't have them, it's probably too late.
7. Enjoy your life with your spouse, children, grandchildren and friends.
People, who truly love you, love you for yourself, not for what you have.
Anyone who loves you for what you have will just give you misery.
And you'd probably know that by now.
8. Forgive and accept forgiveness. Forgive yourself and others.
Enjoy peace of mind and peace of soul.
9. Not trying to be morbid, but befriend death.
It's a natural part of the life cycle. Don't be afraid of it.
Death is the beginning of a new and better life.
So, prepare yourself not for death but for a new life with the Almighty.
10. Be at peace with your Creator.
For ..... He is all you have after you leave this sojourn on Earth.