SIXTEEN THINGS THAT TOOK ME OVER 50 YEARS TO LEARN:
1. Never, under any circumstances,
take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word,
the reason why the human race has not achieved,
and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."
3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
4. People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them.
5. You should not confuse your career with your life.
6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
7. Never lick a steak knife.
8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear
and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
10. You should never say anything to a woman that even
remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you
can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other
people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
12. The one thing that unites all human beings,
regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status
or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside,
we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
13. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to a waiter, is not a nice person.
(This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
Note: For no. 13, one could add to waiter/waitress - labourer,
worker, servant, maid, gardener, mechanic, sales person, cashier, beggar, driver, helper, etc.
14. Your friends love you anyway.
15. Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
16. Men are like fine wine. They start out as grapes,
and it's up to the women to stomp the crap out of them
until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
FINAL THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
There is more money being spent on breast implants and
Viagra than on Alzheimer's research.
This means that by 2030, there should be a large elderly
population with perky boobs and huge erections
and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.